Thursday, January 30, 2014

Modern Working Mama

Being a mother is the hardest yet most rewarding job I have ever had. There are days where you are exhausted between feedings, changings, washing bottles, cleaning cloths and trying to educate and entertain your baby and yet all it takes is one little smile or hug and it makes all the work worth it.

Returning to work when Layla was only 6 weeks old has to be one of the most difficult transitions of my life. Iv been back to work for a month now and to be honest, it has not gotten any easier. (To my credit, Iv stopped slowed down with the random sobbing outbursts that left my husband looking like a deer in headlights). Not only was it difficult to leave Layla but I am finding that it is hard to balance all that I need to get done in a day. For me, life post maternity leave is definitely been a challenge.
My intention for writing this is not to b!tch about being a working mother. Rather, I hope to share my feelings with other mothers that are in the same situation. Although it may not seem like it, and I have to remind myself of this all day when Im at work, you are not alone. I understand. Im right there with you.  Im praying for you.

Here are some articles I have found that offer advice for new working mothers:

By Amy Capetta




No comments:

Post a Comment