Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day dates and updates

This has been a lovely busy week thus far and I expect the next few days will be just as exciting, so I figured I would post a little update about whats going on in the lives of Baby B's parents.

 On Saturday, some of my favorite people came to visit and it was so great to see them.  They stayed less than 24 hours but it filled my heart with joy to spend time with them and reminisce on the past and chat about the future together. 


Sunday, Tim and I, with the Sanchez family, headed out to the Fort Lauderdale Air show and had a lot of snacks and fun in the sun. Beach festivals and events are times I cherish with Tim. I look forward to going with him & literally mark them on my calendar months in advance... yes, I be like that sometimes :o).

On Tuesday I had my 12 week appointment and got to hear B's heart beat (I was looking forward to seeing an ultrasound but Iv got to wait until my integrated screening on Monday). We decided early on that after the 1st trimester all clear we would start telling our family's, so I got to work on our announcements right away.
And this is the postcard I made to attach to the back of the picture that we are going to send out. 

On another note: I felt it was worth posting how sweet yet sneaky Tim could be. Let me explain: for years now I have seen girls get pregnant and gain a lot of weight due to eating "whatever they want" "for two" then regret their choices after the baby is born. Trying to stay ahead, I told my sisters, closest friends and of course Tim that if I ever got pregnant to lock all of the junk food away and only feed me nutritious foods that wont make me look like im having triplets. Everyone agreed. Well what I didn't plan on was the food aversions and the fact that all milk products would make me sick.
So Tim in his sweet yet sneaky manner went out and bought me some products that might help me get some extra vitamins but hopefully not make me as sick.... in the form of 6 tubs of ice cream (we already had strawberry) and 2 boxes of fruit bars. Traitor!!!! The idea was sweet though so Im not mad, Iv just got to figure out how to hide them from myself now that the milk aversions are calming down. Help!!!


One last thing and then Im done! On Tuesday the Dr okay'd me to start exercising (you just read my ice cream story... so you understand my need to workout) I took my first walk tonight and it felt glorious.  

 12 weeks! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment